Author Topic: IMD Tassie style Comment section  (Read 4113 times)

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

IMD Tassie style Comment section
« on: July 16, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »

Below is my message from the Moke Events section if you have any ideas please add them here.

Well it is time to finalize IMD for the Tassie crew,

My thoughts are for a cruse from Launceston through to Devonport to welcome Ratty to Tassie.
I realise that this would mean a very big day for anyone from Hobart, so I welcome input from all to come up with other ideas.  I plan to have a Moke registered and ready to drive for the day so I am in.

I will be also copying this into the "Moke events chat" so if you want to make coment yu can there and I will then move any changes to this thread.

And Ratty you are now a Tassie Moke owner so you can put your 2 bobs worth in as well.

Cheers

Dev
The Angry Ant has overcome 77Devil.
Watch out for the Ant!

Tim

• Standard
  • Registered Member

Re: IMD Tassie style Comment section
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:40:47 PM »
Much as I love the idea of welcoming Ratty, last years 400km round trip was about as much as I could cope with at that time of year. I wouldn't be keen to repeat it.

Tim
1951 Morris Commercial J Type Van
1955 BSA C11G
1961 Morris Mini Traveller
1969 Triumph TR6R
1977 Leyland Moke Californian

Driving a Moke with a hardtop is like having a shower in a raincoat.

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 10:19:39 PM »
Good to hear from you Tim.
I have thrown this up to see where interest is for the day. Personally I fell it isabout time to meet somewhere South of the boarder. May be meet at David's in Oatlands or even Richmond.
The Northeners could always drive down and welcome Ratty any time.

See if you can get Linz and anyone else into gear and organise something for us to come down for.

Your ball Tim.

Cheers

Dev
Watch out for the Ant!

Tas Mini Deeds

• Past or Inactive member
  • Registered Member

• Personal Text
    Tas Mini Deeds
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »
Hi Guys,

Would love to be part of it down on Hobart. Happy to kick off at Oatlands if need be.  I know my mate Jaws would also like to come along with his Moke also. I will keep an eye on the forum, or PM if you want.

Paul

tasmoken

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 06:47:02 PM »
Just to add my 1cents worth why not organise more localised events for both North and South you might find that we end up with more Mokes across the state out and about . this resulting on less stress for both Mokes and their drivers.
The Lonnie mob might say, drive to ECT @ Elizabeth town and meet thereup for lunch with the North Westies?
Moking
A Way Of Life
Unashamed and Unrestrained

Tim

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 08:54:47 PM »
Yep, thats an option. I know we've had people in the past who have dropped out because they either didn't have the time or didn't want to drive too far. Its a shame though, its kind of nice having a really big meet-up (especially after the last couple of years where there hasn't been very many southerners participate).

Tim
1955 BSA C11G
1969 Triumph TR6R

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
Hey Tim
Do you reckonyou could organise an event at Richmond or somewhere on the Northern side of Hobart and we could see who from up north are willing to drive south. I will try and have my Moke on yhe road early enough to have a run to Devonport before to make sure I have the legs.

See of you cam get some help

Cheers

Dev
Watch out for the Ant!

Tim

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »
Yep Richmond could be good, or maybe New Norfolk, but thats a long way for the NW Coast guys to travel in one day. Otherwise somewhere more central like we've done in the past maybe. The problem is that places like Campbelltown, Ross or Oatlands are almost always freezing bloody cold and windy at that time of the year. I'm not being very helpful am I?

Tim
1955 BSA C11G
1969 Triumph TR6R

77Devil

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 09:52:50 PM »
Tim and TMD, Oatlands could be a good option, although Richmond sounds more romantic.  If we go to Oatlands we need to tee up for Swampy to catch up with us.  He lives in Oatlands and last time I saw him, he had 1 running Moke, 1 under resto and a parts Moke.  So bring your tool box.

Rick would you be comfortable driving as far as Oatlands, Also Rod would this be too far for you?

Cheers

Dev
Watch out for the Ant!

Tim

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 09:41:20 AM »
The old mill is open again now and the bakery it Oatlands is good. It would be good if we could find a sheltered spot there. I think there are picnic shelters down by the edge of "Lake" Dulverton.

Tim

1955 BSA C11G
1969 Triumph TR6R

tasmoken

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »
I am not sure that I trust Scarlet .
I spoke too Alicat last night and she keen for a a more local type of event  so, We may need to organise 2 events if thats the way it works out depends on how many are interested,
And even if you are out and about then i think it still counts a 1 for the day
I'm  keen just to have a short drive to Longford A trip around the old Aussie grand Prix Circuit then to the pub for Lunch
Remembering its a long drive for either the Southies or Northerners either way and the weather is usualy crap making it a long day ,
The first one or two that we had was Ok because of the weather was good
+1cent worth ;) Just throwing it out there.
Moking
A Way Of Life

Moke My Day

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »
Due to the time of year (bad weather likely) we have a short trip in the North and South for IMD.
However prior to IMD we set on a plan for a statewide gathering on Australia Day (an idea from Tim) so that we can promote it at IMD with the view of doing Richmond/Oatlands in 1 day and people can chose which or all of the trip they can handle eg meet at Richmond for morning tea (10am) that way people from North can have an early start. Then convoy back to Oatlands with North and South convoys. Late lunch and then travel in smaller convoys home. Some Southerners may only do Richmond whilst some Northerners will only do the Oatlands afternoon while many of us will do it all.
Back to IMD, I will drive anywhere.

tasmoken

• Standard
  • Registered Member

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 05:23:28 PM »
Looks like I wont be counted this year
as I will be in Melbourne that weekend  :o
Moking
A Way Of Life

alicat

• Registered Member

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 08:03:07 PM »
Hi all
It is awesome when we have a big mob meet up in central location.
I think we are all in agreement that Tasmania and September are not Moke long trip friendly,
and most of us Tassie Mokers, post the first huge IMD turnout, whether they travelled far or not really far were physically and mentally exhausted at the end of the day due to driving conditions.

What do the Tassie contingent think of this:
North and South separate get together for IMD. Localised. Easily changed if weather is CRAP! etc
and then,
Post Christmas, post shack jan holidays, so maybe Feb... big get together somewhere in the middle of the state.

Cheers ali
A thingy-me-bob will do me for now...until I find out what it is called that is...

alicat

• Registered Member

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »
And then I re-read MMD post. DUH!
A thingy-me-bob will do me for now...until I find out what it is called that is...